Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Maternity tshirt to toddler dress

I had this old maternity tshirt that I never wore it through either of my pregnancies. Even though it was my size, it was a little bit short so it didn't cover my bump properly. It was really pretty so I didn't want to throw it away. I decided to make Leyla a little dress out of it :D I don't have a before picture but it was just a basic 3/4 length sleeved tshirt.

It was very easy to do, I just cut the tshirt into a dress shape using the old hem and neckline, I drew round a sweater dress she already had and it came out like this:

I had to finish off the back neckline because of how I cut it, I don't have a picture of that but I just cut a 1" strip out of the scraps, serged down both long ends, then used it as bias tape, using the serged ends to show me where to fold, not as neat as folding and pressing but sooo much easier!

Then I stitched the shoulders and the side seams and did the sleeves. Because I just cut the sleeves off the dress and so they were already joined down the length, I didn't add the sleeves in the traditional way. I pinned them to the dress, underarm seams together then pinned at the top of the sleeve, and because the sleeves were slightly smaller than the armholes, I just stretched the sleeve a little to fit round, then stitched round:

She's asleep at the minute so I cant try it on her but I sooo hope it fits because I love it! :D

Saturday, 30 October 2010

Halloween Longies

I've been making these for Mimie for a few weeks now, amongst other things. I can usually whip a pair of these up in a few days tops but I've been making other stuff aswell, which I should hopefully be finished soon, so they took me a bit longer this time around. I made them to match with a halloween top I bought for Leyla last year, she was in age 3-6month clothes at 9months last halloween :P

Monday, 13 September 2010

Boob tube dress to toddler dress

I've just made the cutest little dress for Leyla. I had an old boob tube dress in age 13 that I bought before I got pregnant and now there is no hope of it fitting me so it has been sat in my refashion pile and I put it to good use today :) This is the before pic:

It was sooo easy to make aswell, I just cut off the bottom ruffle and put it to one side. Then I cut round one of her dresses on the rest of the material, on the fold, to make the top piece. Then I hemmed the armholes and the neckhole and then ruffled the bottom tube and stitched the top and bottom together, I think it came out rather cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...