Monday, 17 October 2011

Boob tube? to gathered skirt refashion


I have just finished a little skirt I made for my little girl out of what I think was a boob tube. It is only age 11-12 which is why I am unsure. Do they make boob tubes for 11 year old girls? I guess it could've been a skirt but it had no elastic around the top. Hmm.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a before picture but it wasn't much different from the after picture. All I did was fold the top down, so it was showing on the outside, then stitched it down and added elastic. I stitched 4 lines around the waistband hoping to stop it puckering so much but it hasn't worked really. I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the waistband but I figured it'll likely be hidden anyways so we'll go with it.

I do love the material though. Pretty :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

I can't see any puckering from the photo and as you say, it'll be covered. It's a pretty little skirt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...