Thursday, 9 February 2012

Beanie hat pattern


I don't know what it's like where you are but where I live, it is absolutely freezing!! I have needed to make myself a hat for going out in for a good few weeks but I've only just gotten round to it. It only took me a few hours to make and it keeps my ears all toasty and warm :)

You will need:
6mm crochet hook
DK yarn, 1 ball of main colour, small amount of contrast colour
wool needle

Gauge:
13dcs=4"
8rows=4"

Round1: make a magic ring, tutorial here, ch3 and work 11dcs in ring, join with sl st to top of ch3 (12)
2. 
ch3, turn, dc in st at base of ch3, *2dc in next st* repeat around, join with sl st to top of ch 3  (24)
3. ch3, turn, dc in st at base of ch3, *dc in next st, 2dc in next st* repeat around, dc in last st, join with sl st to top of ch 3 
4. 
ch3, turn, dc in st at base of ch3, *dc in next 2sts, 2dc in next st* repeat around, dc in last 2sts, join with sl st to top of ch 3  
5. ch3, turn,  dc in st at base of ch3, *dc in next 3sts, 2dc in next st* repeat around, dc in last 3sts, join with sl st to top of ch 3
6. ch3, turn, 
dc in st at base of ch3, *dc in next 4sts, 2dc in next st* repeat around, dc in last 4sts, join with sl st to top of ch3 
7-14. ch3, turn,  skip st at base of ch3, dc around, join with sl st to top of ch 3, join contrast colour
15. ch1, turn, sc around
16. ch2, turn, work ribbing *fpdc in next st, bpdc in next st* rep till end (it is not technically a fpdc or bpdc as the previous row was not a dc row, however, I just used my sc in the same way and it turned out fine and made the finish on the hat much neater!)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...