Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Broccoli and feta soup


Yesterday evening, I had a load of broccoli in the fridge and no idea what to make for tea. I thought to make broccoli cheese but had no cheddar. Considered making it with feta but didn't fancy the sound of it, not sure why. Then I stumbled upon a recipe for broccoli and feta soup...perfect!

I used this recipe I found at Abel and Cole. I get my fruit and veg boxes from them once a week and I have to say, I love them. They do all kinds of other stuff aswell so if you live in the UK, have a look!

I did make a few changes to the recipe to use what I had in. Obviously, I left out the walnuts since the kids can't have nuts and since I didn't have any in anyway. I used 750ml boiling water and a bouquet garni instead of 1ltr stock and I only used 100g feta. Next time I will use 150g as I could only just taste it in the soup. Oh, I added an extra potato aswell to try and make it a bit more filling.

This soup was so yummy! One thing I will say though is according to the recipe this should serve 4-6 but it only served 3 in our house, well 2 adults and 2 toddlers. Maybe we have big portions but for me, it was just right :)

1 comment:

Its So Very Cheri said...

It sounds really yummy!!!

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...