Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Leyla's Birthday Dress

Sorry I am so late posting today. I've been out all day and only got home in time to feed the kids and get them into bed.


I can't believe I still haven't written about Leyla's gorgeous birthday dress that I made her. I made it the day before her birthday (obviously, I'm never one to be ready for important things in advance :P) and it was my very first go at zips so I am sooo impressed with this :) It is in no way perfect but it is more than good enough!!

I used this pattern and it was really easy to follow! It only took me a few hours from start to finish and came together without too much trouble. I made view A+B+G+I but I left off the neckline trim and the hem trim. I used pink flowery cord from my stash and an old bedsheet for the lining.


I also made Naomie a little matching gathered skirt. Sooo cute, even though I made it a little too big on her waist so it was slightly hanging off her haha. They still looked seriously cute together!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of them together :(

1 comment:

Pam said...

What an adorable little dress!!!. You do work well under pressure, Adele, making things on the day or the day before. Love the little puffy sleeves and that fabric is gorgeous. I love cord. Great job on your first zipper!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...