Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Men's shirt to toddler dress refashion


I've just found a post I had saved but forgot to publish *facepalm* It's quite old now and I still haven't finished it off yet *must get motivated!!* It's finished enough to wear though so I figured I'll finish off later.


I looked through my refashion pile (which btw seems to be getting bigger not smaller! How does that work? Must refashion more!) and found this old shirt that Paul gave me a while back. He didn't really like it on so he happily donated it to me.

I decided to make a little girl's dress out of it. I was inspired by this tutorial by Girl. Inspired. I decided I didn't want to do the shirring along the waist (didn't want to...find shirring impossible...whatever lol, same difference in my house). I cut it to be a quite fitted, knee length a-line dress, unpicked the collar and restitched, then added puffed sleeves for which I used this tutorial at MADE.

I have yet to finish the bands on the sleeves but I need to find some plain black shirt material first so I'll be charity shopping/Primark-ing it next time I'm in town to find some. Seems a shame to buy a whole shirt just to make two little sleeve bands so I might have to use the rest of the black shirt to make another smaller dress and use leftovers from this one so my two babies can match :) Cute!


10 comments:

J W Anderson said...

I like to wear shirts. Its look professional. You allot best pix of shirt. Its too good job.

Anonymous said...

that's amazing....!

Pam said...

A fabulous refashion into a sweet little dress. Love the new collar!!! Thanks for the links to the tutorials. I'm going to check them out. I would love for you to share this at our ongoing themed linky that's just for Girls' Dresses...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-dresses-for-girls.html

Hopes And Dreams Studio said...

Found you through someone's followers via linky party. I'm your newest follower, Jacque from It's A Handmade World. Love your blog. Would love for your to check out mine at http://www.hopesanddreamsstudio.blogspot.com/ and leave a button on the Page for Blog Buttons so everyone can find you. If you have a place for my button, would love you to post it too. Come by and check us out.
Thanks and nice to meet ya.
Jacque

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up...

Mammy Made said...

Thank you everyone <3 x

Pam said...

Hi, I've featured your Shirt to Dress refashion today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features_10.html

Mammy Made said...

Thank you so much babes, I've added your button to my sidebar :D x

Men T Shirts said...

What a super reinvention. I love the shirt style that is a little longer, but I can never find ones that fit properly. I have never thought of just fitting one for myself. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Men T Shirts

robert yarn said...

Its very nice shirts but if you use mens custom dress shirts which are made according to your specific measurements, these shirts provide you with the ultimate fit and comfort. Your specific sleeve, waist, chest and collar measurements will be taken. In some cases other measurements will be taken by a tailor as well, to ensure the perfect fit. This results in providing you with the perfect sleeve length, just the right amount of comfort around your neck and so much more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...