Sunday, 1 April 2012

Easter craft: Making a bird's nest


A few weeks back, I saw a tutorial for how to make a bird's nest on One Artsy Mama. I thought it looked like such a good idea and easy enough for Leyla to do and Naomie to at least try and join in haha.

I have been waiting for the perfect time to make one and with Easter only being a week away, I thought now would be as good a time as any!

I had a paper bag already so yesterday, me and Leyla went twig collecting. Naomie came along for the ride but she was asleep in her pushchair so didn't get to join in the collecting. Which is a big shame since I think she would've really enjoyed it :(


This morning, I set up a table and chairs out in the garden, the weather has been gorgeous for the last week or so but it is meant to change very soon with it snowing!! apparently over Easter so we are making the most of the weather while we have it haha. I laid out all of our supplies on it and we got to work :)

Naomie didn't seem too interested, I think it was still a bit advanced for her yet but she did play with a couple of twigs while I was helping Leyla do the sticking. We scrunched down the paper bag then squirted a whole load of craft glue all over the sides. I got Leyla to press twigs all around the outside. She wasn't too convinced because it was a bit messy haha, she kept saying "Oh no, I've got glue on my fingers" haha. She's definitely her mother's daughter! She kept at it though and we got it done. I then squirted some glue in the middle and we laid some twigs in there for the birds to sit on.


I think it turned out pretty good. Just perfect for our little Easter chicks to sit and have a rest in :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

It turned out so cute! Love those little chickies! :) Isn't it such a fun, easy craft? And don't forget FREE! Glad to have inspired you!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey Its Cheri from Its So Very Cheri and the Linky Follower party.

I am following everyone who signs up and would love it if you follow me as well (if you haven't yet). I appreciate everyone who follows me back.

xoxo,
Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...