Wednesday, 30 May 2012

"Summertime Scrumble" Piperade


I made this quick and easy lunch for my family the other day and it went down really well so I thought I would share it on here :) It was really yummy and healthy.


"Summertime Scrumble" Piperade (Serves 2 adults + 2 children)

1 x onion, diced
1/2-1 x yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
1/2 x courgette, grated
4 x tomatoes, diced
large handful parsley, roughly chopped
10 x eggs (or 2 per child and 3 per adult - mine served 2 adults and 2 kids)
salt and black pepper


Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add all of the veggies. Leave to fry for 10mins. It will look extremely yummy already so refrain from eating it just like that. I know I had to try really hard to stop myself because it looked delish!

Heat some oil in another frying pan. Beat two (or three for an adult) eggs in a jug then add to the pan. Add a quarter of the veggie mix, season well with salt and black pepper and stir it all together. Keep stirring until the egg is cooked through. Repeat for the other portions. Finished :)

Delicious served either hot or cold and would be GORGEOUS with a crusty bread roll and butter <3



I'm linking here:

 Lil\'Luna   

1 comment:

Alexis @ we like to learn as we go said...

This sounds delicious! I'll definitely need to give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...