Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Chicken & Salsa Pitta Pocket - Recipe


I've been missing from blog land the past week. I've had quite a few things going on in my head and I have totally neglected my blog so I'm sorry about that but I am back with a de-lish recipe so hopefully that will make up for it :)

Yesterday, I made up this little pitta pocket with stuff I had in the fridge and it was sooo yum. And gluten free which always helps :P

To make it, I took a garlic and chilli gluten free pitta bread (normal ones would work just as well) and toasted it for a few mins on either side. I wanted it warm but not too crispy. Then I cut the very top off and using a blunt knife, opened it up to form my pocket. I then filled it with cold chicken, shredded lettuce and salsa. Oh.My.Gosh. It was so yummy!

I used 1 x pitta bread
40g chicken breast
40g lettuce
60g salsa (I put some inside and left some on my plate for dipping)

Delish!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...