Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Meals on the Cheap: Spicy Spinach and Egg Breakfast


This is another recipe I have picked up from Turkey and it is one of my favourites. I love how good this breakfast is for you and it still only takes about 10mins to prepare and cook.

Spicy Spinach and Egg Breakfast (serves 1)

big handful spinach, washed well
1 or 2 eggs
1 or 2 pieces of bread, toasted
salt, pepper and cayenne pepper

Add the spinach to a large frying pan. Cook over medium heat for about 5mins until wilted. Don't add any extra water, the water clinging to the leaves after washing is plenty. When nearly cooked, drain any excess water out and return the spinach to the pan. Push all the spinach over to one side of the frying pan. Heat 1tsp olive oil in the other side and crack your egg(s) in. Sprinkle with your seasoning and leave to cook, usually takes about 5mins. Serve on toast. Delish :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Find more Meals on the Cheap posts here.

I don't know about you but we are really struggling at the minute with our money situation and I am in need of some cheap but nutritious meals to keep us going and keep our food bills down.

I have been scouring the internet for recipe ideas to help me plan the next months meals and I will be sharing a new one every Wednesday.

I have decided to cut down our meat by half and bulk meals out with beans and chickpeas. I find that we spend quite a lot on meat as I don't like buying the value range at our supermarket, but this obviously ends up being pretty expensive.

I hope by the end of this month, we'll have saved quite a lot of money on our food bills!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...