Monday, 3 June 2013

My Homegrown Vegetable Patio Garden - Week 9


Nothing to update this week. My plants are all still growing nicely but nothing has changed.


I can't believe the size of our potato plants. Poor Naomie's plant has always been the smallest. She likes it though because it is the baby, like her! 


My three biggest tomato plants are doing well outside. I have added a sprinkling of crushed egg shells around the stems, as I have a lot of slugs and snails in my garden.


My five transplanted seedlings aren't as big as I thought they would be this week. Their growth seems to have slowed down a bit. Some of the leaves also went white over the past week. Anyone know why? I am stumped. I just pulled those leaves off but would love to know what caused it to try and prevent it happening again.


Same for my remaining seedlings. Their growth has slowed down, which is strange to me since they are in full sun, damp soil, not too wet, not too dry. Same conditions as my other tomato plants which worked amazingly well. These ones are a different type of tomato so that must be why. I hope they don't all fail on me now.

Hopefully I will have more to update next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...