Wednesday, 12 June 2013

What I've Made Wednesday #7


I made this dress for Leyla a while back and I totally forgot to blog about it. I made it using a tshirt that still fit her but was a bit boring and a too big hoodie that I had picked up in the sale. Turned out that the green on them both was near identical so I knew it had to become a tshirt dress.


I cut the tshirt straight across, a couple of inches under the armpits, then cut the bottom off the hoodie. I gathered the hoodie part along the top edge until it fit the tshirt then sewed them together with a narrow zigzag to allow for some stretch. I wanted to cover up the seam so I cut a strip and stitched it down on top of the seam line. I love how it turned out. It is just how I imagined and Leyla loves it because it is a dress.

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Great idea to add the strip covering the seam... really adds to the dress. And I'm sure the pocket is a big hit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...