Wednesday, 17 July 2013

My Homegrown Vegetable Patio Garden - Week 14


My homegrown vegetable patio garden, week 14 pictures:


My potatoes are really falling away from their pots this week. I harvested one but the potatoes were still quite small so I have left the other two and will harvest them in the next few weeks.


Look at all the beautiful potatoes I got from one of my containers! I got a ton of soil that I pulled out with them but as I am only growing tomatoes and potatoes, I can't recycle it. I will have to try my hand at growing something else over autumn and winter. Maybe kale since I love it but my supermarket hardly ever stocks it. Just for my future reference, I found an awesome guide to crop rotation here.


My tomatoes are starting to fruit! I only have these two and one more tiny one but I am already so excited.


They are so big now. I am surprised they are still standing up without being tied to the stake.


My smaller tomato plants are still alive. I have actually moved them outside into the greenhouse because the kitten would not leave them alone. I thought they would probably stand more chance outside. They seem to be doing fine. I haven't moved them into their bigger pots yet, as I am still having trouble finding some. I think I am going to have to order some in.


The seedlings are still not growing lol. I don't know what to do with them really. At the moment, I am just watering and hoping for the best but I am not having much luck with them. They have been moved into the greenhouse aswell. I might try potting them on and seeing if more soil helps them grow a bit bigger.

2 comments:

Loretta Thomas said...

Hi Adele there is nothing like homegrown vegetables! Your garden is beautiful and thriving nicely!

Lovingly,
Loretta

Chelsea B. said...

Your veggies are looking great Adele! I wish some of mine looked this good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...