Friday, 16 August 2013

Apple and Blackberry Crumble


I made a delicious apple and blackberry crumble the other day and wanted to share it all with you. My recipe uses packaged crumble mix but you can easily substitute your own mix.


Apple and Blackberry Crumble (serves 4)

2 x apples
225g blackberries
2tbsps cold water
2tsps brown sugar
400g packet crumble mix
custard, to serve

Peel and dice the apples. Add to a small pan, along with the water and sugar. Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cook for a further 5 mins until the apples are almost soft. Add the blackberries and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.


Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Cover with the crumble topping. Cook on GM5/190C/375F for 45 minutes, until golden brown.

Serve hot, with custard. Sorry, I have no picture of it being served. I inhaled it too quickly ;)

I'm linking here:

Whipperberry   Chic on a Shoestring Decorating  The Shabby Nest 
craftionary One Artsy Mama  Serenity you   



1 comment:

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

mmmmm. This looks so yummy. I don't mind a mix, my grandma swears by a mix pie dough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...