Thursday, 8 August 2013

Get Your Crap Together's Back 2 School Pattern - Review


Get Your Crap Together

Last month, I received an email from Chelsea at Get Your Crap Together, asking me if I would like to take part in her Back 2 School Pattern Bus Tour. Obviously, I jumped at the chance. Leyla is starting primary school this September and Naomie will be in nursery full time so it couldn't really have come at a better time!


If you haven't already seen it, go and have a look at all the cute things you can make with the Back 2 School Pattern Pack!


I decided to make a sandwich bag and two smaller snack bags to go in Leyla's school lunchbox. The pattern was very easy to follow and the bags turned out really cute.


I used a layer of PUL backed with a piece of cute cotton since I wanted my bags to be nice and colourful and the only PUL I had on hand was white. Aren't they lovely! That cupcake fabric I used is just too cute and I love the pinked edges. They keep the bag nice and thin.


I actually changed the pattern slightly and used a longer piece of velcro to close the bags with. I wish I had stuck to the pattern as my pieces were too big to get right into the tip of the fold over flap, so the bags don't fasten as nicely as they could. Next time I will follow the pattern exactly, then I shouldn't have that problem.

Do you want a chance to win the pattern? Two very lucky people will receive a free copy of the Back 2 School Pattern Pack. Head over to Get Your Crap Together to enter! Or enter below :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Chelsea B. said...

Adele, they turned out so great! These are one of my favorite patterns! Thanks for participating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...