Tuesday, 24 December 2013

"24 Days to Christmas" Countdown - Decorated Heart Wall Hanging


This year I thought it would be nice to do a Christmas countdown, showing off things I have made as gifts and ornaments either this year or in previous years. If you are wanting to make handmade gifts for your loved ones this year, then keep watching because I hope to put an awesome Christmas related tutorial or recipe up every day until Christmas Eve. Today is day 24!


Today I would like to share a gift I made for the girls for christmas. I made these cute signs to hang in their bedroom. One for each of them, L and N. I don't have a picture of the before, but they were just unpainted wooden hearts that I picked up in my craft shop. I used metallic acrylic paint on them, amethyst and rose, and a thin black sharpie to write the initial on.

I gave the hearts one coat of the paint, pink on the inside heart, purple on the outside heart, then left them overnight to dry. The instructions said the paint would be dry within a hour but I wanted to be sure. I then just wrote the initial on in a fancy font using the sharpie, drew a little heart in the corner and called it done. These cute hearts will hang in pride of place over their beds.


Love them!

I hope you all enjoyed this idea. You can find more Christmas Countdown posts here.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...